Author : Publisher : Pub Date : Page : Language : Rating :
Based on related courses and research on the cyber environment in Europe, the United States, and Asia, Cyberspace and Cybersecurity supplies complete coverage of cyberspace and cybersecurity. It not only emphasizes technologies but also pays close attention to human factors and organizational perspectives.
Detailing guidelines for quantifying and measuring vulnerabilities, the book also explains how to avoid these vulnerabilities through secure coding. It covers organizational-related vulnerabilities, including access authorization, user authentication, and human factors in information security. Providing readers with the understanding required to build a secure enterprise, block intrusions, and handle delicate legal and ethical issues, the text:
- Examines the risks inherent in information system components, namely hardware, software, and people
- Explains why asset identification should be the cornerstone of any information security strategy
- Identifies the traits a CIO must have to address cybersecurity challenges
- Describes how to ensure business continuity in the event of adverse incidents, including acts of nature
- Considers intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDPS), focusing on configurations, capabilities, selection, management, and deployment
Explaining how to secure a computer against malware and cyber attacks, the text’s wide-ranging coverage includes security analyzers, firewalls, antivirus software, file shredding, file encryption, and anti-loggers. It reviews international and U.S. federal laws and legal initiatives aimed at providing a legal infrastructure for what transpires over the Internet. The book concludes by examining the role of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in our country’s cyber preparedness.
Exercises with solutions, updated references, electronic presentations, evaluation criteria for projects, guidelines to project preparations, and teaching suggestions are available upon qualified course adoption.
Cyberspace and Cybersecurity Download Link
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/itbook/public_html/wp-content/themes/solon/content-single.php on line 114