Distributed systems have become more fine-grained in the past 10 years, shifting from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained microservices. But developing these systems brings its own set of headaches. With lots of examples and practical advice, this book takes a holistic view of the topics that system architects and administrators must consider when building, managing, and evolving microservice architectures.
Microservice technologies are moving quickly. Author Sam Newman provides you with a firm grounding in the concepts while diving into current solutions for modeling, integrating, testing, deploying, and monitoring your own autonomous services. You’ll follow a fictional company throughout the book to learn how building a microservice architecture affects a single domain.
- Discover how microservices allow you to align your system design with your organization’s goals
- Learn options for integrating a service with the rest of your system
- Take an incremental approach when splitting monolithic codebases
- Deploy individual microservices through continuous integration
- Examine the complexities of testing and monitoring distributed services
- Manage security with user-to-service and service-to-service models
- Understand the challenges of scaling microservice architectures
price: $42.34 Buy Now